The Flower Kings - BetchaWannaDanceStoopid!!! CD (album) cover

BETCHAWANNADANCESTOOPID!!!

The Flower Kings

infandous
2 stars Okay, so it might not have been a great idea to separate the improvs from the songs. But I think it works pretty well overall. Especially the 18 minute Betchawanna with it's stylized interpretation of Daytripper sounding uncannily like the Grateful Dead at times (I know, probably a comment that will turn off many proggers.......but for me, it was a pleasant surprise).

A couple tracks (This is the Night for instance) are a bit too obviously disconnected from the songs they belong to and just don't work as well as stand alone jams. The rest is worth hearing for the die hard fan. So don't take my 2 star rating to mean it is not good, because for me at least, it is a worthwhile addition to the collection. But if you are not a fairly big fan of this band, this is not something to dive into.

Definitely for fans and collectors only, though it is quite good to have for those people (I am one :)

infandous | 2/5 |