The Flower Kings - The Fanclub CD 2002 - A Collection Of Flower Kings Related Music  CD (album) cover

THE FANCLUB CD 2002 - A COLLECTION OF FLOWER KINGS RELATED MUSIC

The Flower Kings

infandous
4 stars Well, at the time I got this, I liked it better than the official release (which I believe was Rainmaker........Unfold came after this I think.....but even so, it took me a while to really get into Unfold). I obviously can't recommend this to anyone, since it is not available to my knowledge. The fan club no longer exists as far as I know, so you're out of luck there too.

In any case, this is a great collection of tracks. Two songs, "The Instrument...." and "Collect Relapses" are the exact versions available on Flying Food Circus (a great album, and one you can actually get). Also, Welcome to Paradise is on the first Karmakanic album, but this is an earlier, somewhat rougher version, with a longer flower Kings like intro.

Two other songs, "Carpe Diem" and "Soleron" were supposedly going to appear on a Merritt Hemmingson solo CD, but I have no idea if that was ever released. In any case, those two songs are definite highlights of this CD. The other tracks are all quite good, with Raging River Of Fear being a cover (don't know who though) completely performed by Stolt.

I'm giving it 4 stars, but even if you could get it, it would probably be mostly for collectors and Flower Kings fans.

infandous | 4/5 |