David Bowie -

"HEROES"

David Bowie

Evolver
Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars Let me preface this review by stating that I'm not much of a Bowie fan. I received this disk as a promo, and kept it because of the appearance of Robert Fripp & Brian Eno. I never believed Bowie was a trendsetter, but more like a revivalist, seeming to take a musical style a few years after it was popular, and make it his own.

That said, this album has a few nice pop tunes, that often to me sound like glam with a disco beat, and a new-agey interlude near the end. And while you can hear Eno voice here and there throughout the album, Fripp, other than the sustained notes on the title track, seems to blend into the background.

Three stars musically, but only one or two for prog.

Evolver | 3/5 |