Bijou - El Profeta CD (album) cover

Forum & Site Admin Group
3 stars A heavy and beautiful gem has come from South Europe!

From the very start, a beautiful keyboard solo must move us. Los Albores del Fuego Imperecedero is a very strong message from BIJOU. I can pay for only listening to the first keyboard solo...this sound, im my humble opinion, might impress Spanish symphonic progressive rock on us (of course, maybe overestimated). On the contrary, the first impressive phrase might make the latter phrases and songs somewhat dim. No, no, the whole album is so great. The latter of the first track has heavy but lyrical and melanchoric sounds with aggressive keyboard, sharp-edged guitar and bass, and drums with heavy punchs and kicks. El Camino a Casa is a straight rock song...sadly with slightly dizzy drummings. In Encuentros again attacks an amazingly brilliant keyboard solo. In all cases, the beautiful and massive keyboard sounds can stretch other instruments I consider. On Imaginació, it's very interesting and important that heavy and loud guitars try to battle with a keyboard backing. Surprisingly, backing keyboard sounds run forward through all other instruments and at last guitars and percussions are exploded aggressively in front of a keyboard. Triste Euforia is exactly opposite of the previous track and is euphoria of us with BIJOU, I always feel. After Sueño en la Noche de los Tiempos a bit pop ballad, the mastersuite El Profeta will get started. Colourful sounds with a beautiful synth, heavy rhythm sections and heavier guitars, are so terrific...although over 25-minute song is too long for me to keep my mind in... South flavour here is so mysterious and brings us to the third world. However, sadly the impression of the first track is too strong and passionate for me to keep my mind in...

Good album I wanna say. Recommended from Spain. :-P