Radiohead - Hail To The Thief CD (album) cover

HAIL TO THE THIEF

Radiohead

JTP88
4 stars After the musical revolution that was "Kid A" and "Amnesiac", Radiohead bring "Hail To The Thief", a lot more varied than previous efforts and coming back to more conventional song-writing. A big truth about this album is that, with certain exceptions, almost every track in here could be thrown into another of their previous albums, yet, the album flows extremely well and the unpleasant moments are very rare.

The best tracks are the opener and closer, those are two fantastic songs and are amongst my favorite Radiohead songs, but it also has a great middle, "Sail To The Moon", "Where I End And You Begin" and "We Suck Young Blood" are also amazing, and even the extremely electronic tracks, which I didn't quite like in "Amnesiac" are very good, as "The Gloaming" or "Sit Down. Stand Up."

An extremely regular album, very Radiohead-ish, very pleasant, no real weak points, just more Radiohead!

JTP88 | 4/5 |