Magma - Studio Zünd CD (album) cover

5 stars Few months ago I purchased my first Magma albums "Udu wudu" and "Attahk" and was blown away by quality of material presented there.And then this box set pops up out of nowhere and I decided to order it from Syn-phonic.Gotta tell you,this was one of my best purchases ever!Albums presented in this package are in their original form(NOT remastered)and that's about the only(minor)drawback.Everything else,including packaging and absolutely beautiful and informative booklets(both in french&english) and digipack format are proghead's wet dream.Set contains all Magma studio albums(9)plus double cd exclusive to this box filled with extras,some of them so rare(lost master tapes?)they had to be mastered from lp's(you can hear cracks and vinyl noise).Most of these albums are essential listening for zeuhl fans,save for "Merci" album,which is probably weakest in Magma catalogue.Bottom line,you looking at the one of the most exciting progressive rock music box-sets in the last decade that every self rspecting proghead needs to have in collection.Absolutely essential!!!
ljubaspriest | 5/5 |