John Petrucci - Suspended Animation CD (album) cover

SUSPENDED ANIMATION

John Petrucci

Epsilon
3 stars Only until 2005, Dream Theater's guitarist John Petrucci introduced his very awaited first solo album, it's called "Suspended Animation" that first of all, nobody knew what kind of musical experience could bring us before came out on sale. However, once you have in your hands the record and push play to the music player all doubts end and an universe of diverse melodies, compositions of high quality, and mostly a great understanding about how to play and feel an electric guitar appear. Songs from blues style to electronic sounds make a particular blend to extend the dynamics along the 9 tracks that compound all this "Suspended Animation".

There are some tracks I would like to mention, for example; "Jaws of life" and its overwhelming metal sound, also "Damage control" has a similar style. "Tunnel vision" focused to the experimentation and working on different sounds. "Wishful thinking" with a very kind and relaxed melody and finally "lost without you", has a really well done blues rhythm on the guitar, I like it!.

Like any other guitar virtuoso, Petrucci tries to show all his skills as musician and make of this work something personal and almost necessary for growing up as much as possible on his music and also on his career. Concluding, I would say we're in front of an enjoyable released for listening carefully, directed to all the electric guitar geeks around the world. Specially recommended to Satriani and Vai fans.

By: Epsilon.