Maudlin Of The Well - Part the Second CD (album) cover

PART THE SECOND

Maudlin Of The Well

Experimental/Post Metal

npoczynek
5 stars A beautiful album, my favorite yet from Maudlin of the Well. Their unique sound has returned, but with a few changes. I wouldn't consider them to be categorized in the experimental/post metal section anymore - this release is much less abrasive than some of their earlier work, and the vocals are for the most part very relaxed.

I can say that I enjoyed every moment of this one, and you will probably feel dissapointed when it's over. But then you'll just start it from the beginning again and be happy. Great production and playing throughout. It has a very coherent feel to it - despite moments of dissonance and loudness, the album flows as a whole and comes together nicely. Almost seems to put you in a trance.

Maudlin and the Well also gains big points from me for releasing this album as a free download from their website, in various formats - MP3, FLAC, or uncompressed WAV files so that you can burn a perfect copy onto disc. Do yourself a favor and take advantage of the convenience with which this release is available, and DONATE so we can encourage this kind of connection to fans.

npoczynek | 5/5 |