Echolyn - As The World CD (album) cover

5 stars True Art/Progressive Rock

I picked this album up many years back and it still gets rotation in my CD player. I didn't know what to expect from these guys but had heard about them on the old Progressive Rock newgroups. Everyone would comment on how this album was a must have. It didn't take two listens to see why either. At the time, it made me hope for a revival of the Prog I had loved from the 70s. Oddly this is from Americans!

From song structure, to time signatures, to harmonies, to songs blending into one another, to outstanding musicianship, As The World is a treat for any Prog fan, especially those who like a good song and not general Prog weirdness and noise.

Although it's hard to place my favorite section of the release, it will say that a standout portion is the Prose/A Short Essay/My Dear Wormwood for me.

An overall highlight of the album is the whirlwind keyboard technique of Chris Buzby. He definitely keeps things interesting.

Yes, this album of any Echolyn is the one to get. 5/5