Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden CD (album) cover

Iron Maiden

3 stars Iron Maiden my childhood heroes. I really like songs from this album but in live versions released on singles or live albums. Why? Because this original recording sounds lame to me. Sound is very poor and thin. This semi-amateurish work doesn't mean Iron Maiden didn't get success with this release. In 1980 it was probably more acceptable than now. I think Phantom Of The Opera is very good song. Charlotte The Harlot also. Charlotte and Prowler were re-recorded in 1988 with Bruce Dickinson as a singer and they sound much better than original versions. The best song on this album to me is Remember Tomorrow. It'd sound mighty on The Number Of The Beast. Here production kills this awesome tune. The worst track? Running Free, yuk! Disco metal good enough to be played in clubs along with Bee Gees Stayin' Alive. Anyway I like songs from this album but due to this lame production I can't listen to that.
LSDisease | 3/5 |