The Album Leaf - In A Safe Place CD (album) cover

The Album Leaf

Post Rock/Math rock

4 stars Jimmy LaVallee has done something I thought was impossible. He has made me truly enjoy electronic drums! Usually, they detract from the sound, but he uses them in a way that ordinary drums could not be used, and therefore, they become original. The overall sound of ?The Album Leaf? is very slow and mellow, but the drums spice things up a little. This album, like all of the best Post-Rock, can definitely send you into another mindspace. The only negative for me is when they inject singing in 'On Your Way', (obviously not a singer by trade) but thankfully there is not too much of it. Highly Recommended.
digdug | 4/5 |