Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

4.23 | 2063 ratings

5 stars In my opinion, this is possibly the best album released in a looong time. I can see why some traditional prog rockers may not like all of the attention this band is getting. They have a different style than the pioneers like Yes, ELP, Tull, Genesis etc. I love all those old bands, but I also love Porcupine Tree! They have proven to me once again with this album that they do in fact belong in the pantheon of the Prog Gods. Hauntingly beautiful melodies mixed in with thumping good hard rock is what the best Progressive rock is all about for me, and Porcupine Tree defintely delivers. I am not sure how popular they are in the UK, but in Canada and the US they are basically unknown to the masses. I don't really see why as some of their songs could easily fit right in on a good radio station. But, I have yet to find a North American station that will play them. All I can say is..... Steven Wilson....Live Long and Prosper !
digdug | 5/5 |