Druid - Toward The Sun CD (album) cover

2 stars An unimpressive YES clone. That's my opinion about DRUID and this album cement my opinion about them. The first track sounds like a left-over track from Close To The Edge. The rest of the songs here is not even that good. OK then, both Theme and the title track is decent songs. But the rest is pretty forgetable songs.

The vocals is my main gripe with this album. The high-pitch tones which is supposed to be the vocals here gets on my nerves. At least Jon Anderson could sing more than one different tone. Druid's vocalist can't. The instrumentation on this album is not particular impressive either. It is YES without the skills. It is YES without the efforts. Nobody can say that YES was boring. DRUID is pretty boring. There is none of this inventive symphonic prog at this album. It is watered down YES, approaching mainstream rock. The first track, Theme and the title track proves that DRUID had something in them. But that's all. Better Going For The One than this album.

2 stars