Rush - Rush CD (album) cover

2 stars The RUSH saga starts here.

.......And a charming one it is. But this albums stands out in several ways. First of all, the late John Rutsey sat behind the drum kit. The other thing is that music is heavy-blues. This album, and the Feedback EP, is the two oddities in the Rush catalogue. The music has been compared to LED ZEPPELIN. I agree with that. But this album is a more primitive basic version of LED ZEPPELIN. In other words; this is not the sophisticated band we know as RUSH.

The album kicks off with one of the two only good songs on this album. Finding My Way has an infectious groove and melody. Then we get some tracks of mediocrity before Working Man closes the album. Working Man is the only other good track on this album and still a live favourite. That is all what I can exctract from this album, I am afraid. It is a charming album hard-blues/hard rock album, but nothing more. Enter Neil Peart.

2.25 stars