Queen - News Of The World CD (album) cover

2 stars |D| Some of the worst news I've heard in a while.

This was another one of my parents' old vinyls that finally got to be played after twenty years on the shelf once I obtained a turntable. And I can safely say this was one of the worst all the vinyls in that stack (or at least of anything on this site...). Upon first listen, boom, the duo tracks We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions, two immortal tracks played in stadiums everywhere that everyone knows and almost the entire rest of the album (especially upon hearing Shear Heart Attack, an appropriate title to say the least) was, especially on that first listen, total garbage and made me want to throw the album out the window. Upon the next few listens, I realized that All Dead, All Dead and Spread Your Wings were somewhat decent AOR pop sounding tracks, and the rest was a complete disaster, especially just about everything on side two. Some very obnoxious mainstream material, what isn't already filler material to start with.

I am very strict with the albums I give ones and fives. I must love and respect every moment of an album to give it a five and borderline loath every moment of an album to give it a one. This album was close to a one, but the less annoying two immortal tracks and the other two I named above saved it from such a fate. For die hard fans of Queen alone, and I certainly am not one of those.

Isa | 2/5 |