Rush - Grace Under Pressure CD (album) cover

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE

Rush

Basíleia
3 stars Nothing more than a mediocre good...

To me, this album, GRACE UNDER PRESSURE, holds no diamants or gemms of any kind. At this point in their career RUSH have coursed their Roccinante away from the paths of long epic opera. They haven't drifted off and floated away from their skills, they play diffrently (for better or for worse - we are the judge).

I've listened to this album a couple of times now and still not one of the songs has remained with me, like a little bird singing on the windowsill, that flies as soon as you enter the room.

With this album RUSH have exstensively made use of synths and keys, Geddy Lee's softened his once-so-high-peaking voice, though I don't think he is made for the soft romantic approach of songs, he should, in my opinion, be screaming his lungs out of his chest! Anyway, all things considered, a good album has been released in 1984, though it is not good enough for me.

3/5