Ken Baird - Further Out CD (album) cover

Ken Baird

4 stars The magic has returned ! I have been patiently waiting for the release of "Further Out" and I can tell you it has been worth the wait! This album marks the 5th release for Baird and once again reveals his evolution in singing, song writing and personal inspirations. Immediately recognizable is the standout guitar work of new member Andrew Aldridge who compliments Ken's symphonic stylings to perfection. Also returning to grace this album is both Steve Cochrane (guitar) and Sue Fraser (vocals) who opens and closes the album off which brings a certain degree of circularity to this whole CD. 2003's "Martin Road" gave us my vote for song of the year in the highly imaginative "Victoria Day" and now with "Further Out" my 2009 choice is already very clear with the delicate and harmonic "Stainless Skies". Fans of longer tracks will love the final and title song which clocks in just a tad over 10 mins and features a little bit of just about everything! You must go out and buy this CD !!!
loserboy | 4/5 |