Devil Doll - The Girl who Was... Death CD (album) cover

THE GIRL WHO WAS... DEATH

Devil Doll

ZeroDreamPlasMaximus
2 stars I just lost a couple nights of sleep....

DEVIL DOLL is the scariest band I have ever listened to, ever. And also, probably the most unique band also. DEVIL DOLL is a band that blends classical, metal, opera, art rock, and goth to name a few. Their bandleader, a mysterious man by the name of Mr. Doctor, is perhaps best described as the Slovenian version of Mike Patton. Listening to The Girl Who Was... Death is like listening to a horror opera soundtrack with vocals provided by Gollum.

IN addition to the creepiness, many of the passages do not transition well, and oftentimes the good parts of the song abruptly become more piano passages. Whenever I wasn't freaked out, I was somewhat bored.

I cannot recommend TGWW... D simply because it isn't my cup of tea, but also it is as acquired of a taste as any difficult album can be, what with it's incredible length.

ZeroDreamPlasMaximus | 2/5 |