Cherry Five - Cherry Five CD (album) cover

Cherry Five

Rock Progressivo Italiano

1967/ 1976
4 stars Cherry Five captured my attention more because represent the debut of Goblin (with diverse monicker and with vocals) that for the music, that, for to be precise, is good, very good.

In truth Cherry Five produced an album of pure RPI, inspired by Genesis, Quatermass, ELP, Gentle Giant... Same inspiration of too RPI bands. Sure Cherry Five present an original mix between the mentioned band and Italian POP that leads in a extreme melodic almost heavy prog almost symphonic prog that is also personal. And, if I am sincere only from 'The Picture Of Dorian Gray' and, with more merit, 'The Swan Is A Murderer, part 1' 'Cherry Five' conquest my mind. Great is also 'oliver' and 'My Little Cloud Land', probably my preferred song. I note than not always the lyrics (in English) fit well in the melody: sometimes are little forced. Interesting the arrangements and the melodic construction.

So I think that if you love RPI 'Cherry Five' is a good album. Superior to the media. And, not only in my opinion, 'Cherry Five' is a pure RPI classic.

1967/ 1976 | 4/5 |