Focus - Live At The Rainbow CD (album) cover

3 stars It is a great shame that there is no real good live recording of this fantastic band. This album is just one of many half decent live albums and do not give this band the service they deserve. Focus best recordings is most definate the studio albums. This despite of the raving reviews their gigs got and still get.

This album start with a rather loose and onfocused version of Focus III and continues down the same alley with loose versions of some of their greatest songs. Sylvia is far too loose. Hocus Pocus, a song I am not a fan of, is partitioned in two versions. Eruption is a damp squid compared to the studio version. Despite of all this, the live album is highly enjoyable with all it's faults. No studio overdubs here and no removal of the many off-key moments. The album is enjoyable, but not a quality album. I regard myself a big Focus fan, but this album does not do it for me.

3.5 stars.