The Soft Machine - Bundles CD (album) cover

The Soft Machine

Canterbury Scene

4 stars I'm the one who likes Karl Jenkins era in Soft Machine i.e. from 'Sixth' on ; precedeing albums are for me to avantgarde, respectively to jazzy. From the opening track, which is a variation of Jenkins' theme 'Song for a bearded lady' from his Nucleus period (excellent 'We'll talk about it later' album), to the closing 'Floating world' Jenkins' tune is clearly recognizable. As usual, he wrote most of the material, although each member has contributed in creation of this album on which there is no weak point. Allan Holdsworth's virtuoso guitar playing is impressive, whole band performance is excellent-my favourite Soft Machine album.
bsurmano | 4/5 |