NoSound - Lightdark CD (album) cover

LIGHTDARK

NoSound

Psychedelic/Space Rock

PinkPangolin
4 stars This is a truly beautiful album - one to lie back look at the sky (particularly the "clouds"!) relax and float away.

Some might find it a bit slow moving - I notice some of the other reviews express boredom and I can understand that, but you need to be in the right mood - a chilled out and relaxed one (or perhaps needing to relax) - and you need to know the music - I know it's a clicheay, but this one really does grow on you and you must be patient with it. The ultimate reward is great - honest.

This is like Pink Floyd and Porcupine Tree at their slowest and most mellow. If I were to be critical at all (I know I have to be careful here because I'm sure the intention of this album was for ambience) then I would say it's only like the first 5 minutes of "Shine on you crazy Diamond" (and some parts of "Momentary Lapse of Reason")- Pink FLoyd were NOT really like that - they were a lot more eclectic than that. Personally I do like to rock out a bit with some more pace and Pink Floyd actually provided a lot more of that than many think. It's alos like the slower parts of Porcupine Tree's "Sky Moves SIdeways", but again - PT were not generally like that - they rock out a lot more. That's why I haven't given 5 stars.

Well, to be absolutely fair, they DO rock out in the more medium paced "Like the Elephant?" on the bonus disc - this track is awesome and I hope they do more of this in the future (I haven't heard their earlier stuff yet but I'm sure I will do)

Don't get me wrong about the above criticism though - I honestly totally love this and highly recommend this album.

It has beauty, grace, majestic Gilmour-esque guitar solos, sad-hearted lyrics, and a magnificent contribution from Tim Bowness in "Someone Starts to Fade Away". It also comes with a totally lush CD album sleeve with terrific chill-out photos - so DON'T just download it!!!

Highlight? The whole lot!

Just switch your mind off, relax and float downstream - and enjoy.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.