Atomic Rooster - Atomic Roooster CD (album) cover

ATOMIC ROOOSTER

Atomic Rooster

1967/ 1976
4 stars Not my preferred Rooster album but with my preferred Rooster song: 'Winter'.

In my opinion 'Atomic Ro-o-ster' is not a perfect album. Also if it is true that the songs are great and that the drummer of Carl Palmer is good, that Vincent Crane is extremely good and that Nick Graham is good. But for me the highligh of this album is 'Winter', an acoustic (piano, flute, vocals) and crepuscular ballad, maybe the first Black Metal song!

Probably 'Atomic Ro-o-ster' is a good album for 1970 but today is outdated in some parts, cause of production. Certainly 'Atomic Ro-o-ster' remain a good piece of Prog.

1967/ 1976 | 4/5 |