Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans CD (album) cover

TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS

The Runaway
2 stars Yes is an excellent band and I've had every one of their albums (other than Yes and Time and A Word, which I am very upset for not getting) up to Tormato, and I feel like I am in liberty to say that Yes fans will only like Topographic, as Rick Wakeman sort of took over Yes for this album.

Rick Wakeman came to Jon Anderson and the rest of the band and said he will quit cause the band is boring, the band tried to do everything to keep Wakeman in the band, even if it means making a bullshit album, like Topographic.

I love the fact that every side has it's piece and there wasn't a single album I didn't enjoy which used that technique, and then came this album. This album is just like having a dog run around the keyboard luckily making the right sounds, as this album has no musical interest for me, or any other friend of mine, and we are all prog fans ourselves.

People, please, if you like Yes, listen to this album before you buy it, as I guarantee you, you just may regret ordering it on Amazon, or wherever you bought it.

2/5, no replayability whatsoever for a soft Yes fan.

The Runaway | 2/5 |