Manticora - Dead End Solution CD (album) cover

2 stars The first album review of this Danish band.

I have been sold this band on the idea that this is a keyboard dominated prog metal band. Well, on this mini CD, they are not. This is pretty standard heavy metal in the vein of Iron Maiden, Gamma Ray and Helloween. The vocals are pretty bad. The music is not too bad. It is a mix of hard heavy metal and melodic ballads. The guitars are pretty good. Keyboards ? Not a single tone. Prog ? Well, there are some hints of some prog here. But the main theme is heavy metal. All the cliches are here. All of them. This band is recommended by PA, but not because of this mini CD, I guess. Well, we all have to start somewhere. This is their start and it did not move the earth for me.

2 stars