Frijid Pink - Defrosted CD (album) cover

Frijid Pink

3 stars Defrosted follows the formula of Frijid Pink's debut perfectly if not improving on it. The album contains longer songs, which call for longer instrumentation, which makes it my favorite Frijid Pink album of all time. Now as with Frijid Pink, this album is top of the line blues rock/boogie fuzz fest (although not as much fuzz as the first album) and is simply a masterpiece of the genre. BUT it's still not quite prog yet for the Pink, that wouldn't happen until 1972's Earth Omen (itself a masterpiece of Heavy Prog).

So while I immensely enjoy Frijid Pink and Defrosted, I still can't give it anything higher than 3 Stars because its not Heavy Prog and I don't think its prog period. But like I said it's a masterpiece of its own genre (and my favorite FP album) and a superb, if not perfect, follow up to Frijid Pink.

So 3 Stars for a slice of cold excellence!

AmericanProgster | 3/5 |