Reale Accademia Di Musica - Reale Accademia Di Musica  CD (album) cover

REALE ACCADEMIA DI MUSICA

Reale Accademia Di Musica

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Mellotron Storm
5 stars I've been trying to hunt this one down for some time and I finally got my hands on a copy. This is beautiful and romantic Italian Prog from 1972.

"Favola" opens with acoustic guitar as bass and reserved vocals join in. It's so uplifting and moving 2 1/2 minutes in as we get some orchestral sounds and mellotron then back to the main melody. "Il Mattino" is the longest track at almost 9 1/2 minutes.The vocals here remind me of the singer from the band BAUER. Piano and those fragile vocals lead the way early. Beautiful. It picks up some with piano before 3 minutes as the vocals stop. Drums 4 1/2 minutes in as the sound gets fuller including some organ. Great sound ! The guitar lets it rip after 6 minutes. A calm before 7 1/2 minutes as the vocals return. Nice. Violin 9 minutes in to end it.

"Ognuno Sa" is led by drums, organ, vocals and piano. I like it. Check out the piano/organ melody to end it. "Padre" and "Vertigine" are my two favourites.The former begins with a darker and heavier sound then what we've heard so far. The guitar starts to solo 2 minutes in. A calm then reserved vocals arrive before 3 minutes. Floating organ dominates after 5 minutes. The guitar is back 6 1/2 minutes in as the drums pound away. A calm with vocals before 8 minutes. "Lavoro In Citta" opens with piano melodies as drums then vocals join in. It settles into a dreamy soundscape after 2 minutes with mellotron. Nice. The tempo picks up late with guitar joining in. "Vertigine" is heavy right away with some powerful organ runs. Vocals join in. A calm 2 minutes in.The guitar starts to solo a minute later. Percussion 4 1/2 minutes in as the organ continues. So cool. The guitar is back !

This just connects with me in so many ways, to the point that it's holding me captive and it won't let go.

Mellotron Storm | 5/5 |