Indexi - Modra Rijeka CD (album) cover

MODRA RIJEKA

Indexi

Blackdog
5 stars One of the most pleasant facts in music is how one can listen to a new album without major expectatives and discover how amazing it is.

When I read about this album I thought that it couldn't be anything exceptional: it was, for me, an unknown band, coming from a country that isn't especially known because of its prog rock tradition. But, for the same reason, I was also curious about how would it sound. And to my surprise, I found a superb album.

Over an omnipresent keyboard layer giving a melodic atmosphere, the instruments develop through the songs in a balanced way: the interpretations flee from any pointless virtuosism, in order to play perfect-built songs. A predominant acoustic guitar (did I say that melody is the word when talking about the album?) sets the arpeggiated base to the voice, which is also (guess what?) melodic, without agressivness except some concrete points. Then, the great bass work, and its duels with the electric guitar. All that in a work whose major flaw is it's relatively short duration, but full of all that elements that a prog fan could expect to find in an album.

I'll never doubt of an album because it's procedency again. I swear.

Blackdog | 5/5 |