Magma - Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh CD (album) cover

MËKANÏK DËSTRUKTÏẁ KÖMMANDÖH

Magma

Zeuhl

tuxon
5 stars Brilliant album. A mix of classic music, opera, Jazz rhythms, repetitive frases, that keep getting stronger, and more intens, all on a firm symphonised rock foundation. Carl Orff's Carmina Burana is mentioned before, and rightfully so, if you like veni, veni, venicula, or Oh Fortuna, you will surely like Magma's MDK.

The vocals are operatic, with no real meaning to me, it's supposed to be a language, and have a meaning, but for me that doesn't matter, and I listen to the vocals as another instrument increasing the impact of the wonderfull music. In which so much happens I can't describe it really.

Magma managed to integrate several windinstruments, piano, guitars, drums and vocals to an organic mix of raw power, and subtle beauty. Maybe not everybody will like this type of music. But for me it's the discovery of last year, and I will buying and listening a lot more Zeuhl bands.

Highly Recommended. Maybe not everybody will like it, but I think everyone should have listened to this at least once.

tuxon | 5/5 |