The Trip - Caronte CD (album) cover

CARONTE

The Trip

Rock Progressivo Italiano

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars This is an adventure into the unexpected. This Italian Symphonic Prog album has a very British feel to it. I had to look at the cover several times to really convince myself that this band is indeed from Italy.

The music is somewhere between Vanilla Fudge, The Nice, ELP and Deep Purple. Heavy Prog meets Keith Emerson in other words. The over the top ELP stuff is present here. So is John Lord and his Deep Purple stuff. Just to confuse the matter, there are some classic pop here too (the song Little Janie). The music varies from hard to soft. The quality is pretty good throughout this album. I find it a bit boring and fragmented. But it is a pretty good effort, although maybe not I am to fond of. I am missing a really good killer track here. But a good effort, it is......

3 stars