Mauro Pagani - Sogno di una notte d'estate CD (album) cover

SOGNO DI UNA NOTTE D'ESTATE

Mauro Pagani

Rock Progressivo Italiano

gr8dane
2 stars Bought this in the mid-eighties as an import record.Did not at the time know it was music for a stage show and was somewhat disappointed.I guess I thought it would be similar to PFM.IT IS NOT.

You do totally feel the music is indeed created for a show with a dance troupe dancing along to the melodies/songs acting out the storyline,with the band playing at the back of the stage on the right hand side.There is a picture of the gang inside the gatefold and it looks like it could have been a slightly wacky take on the Shakespeare story they are taking on here.The whole package may have been great at the time.

The songs aren't bad ,but not really that good either.Musicianship is very good,but only once does it taste a bit of prog,but we mainly stay in the rock spectrum of things.

So if you are tempted to buy this as a Japanese import cd,be careful,cause like me, you would feel the money could be spent better somewhere else.

gr8dane | 2/5 |