Cheer-Accident - Fear Draws Misfortune CD (album) cover

FEAR DRAWS MISFORTUNE

Cheer-Accident

RIO/Avant-Prog

tmay102436
4 stars My my, hope for an aging progger, looking for new avant prog that continues the artistic endeavors of the giants before them. Yes, I believe that Cheer-Accident are now in full blossom with this release. Very focused, still eclectic, but in an arty, no nonsense combination.

A nice reflection of our past heroes like the Art Bears, This Heat, However, maybe a bit of Magma even, and a little touch of Terry Riley style minimalism. But adding their youth to the equation gets you a heavier, more modern sound. BUT!!!!!!! not so heavy that it's really Metal with intricacy. This is compositional music, that uses modern, deep dissonance as a tool, not a "trick" of trying to sound current. And with that slightly Canterbury influence, you get that "can't get enough of it" kind of balance.

Ah, there's hope still for this old hippie to find new music that can inspire as our yesteryear gods have for years. Thank you Cheer-Accident, and thank you Prog Archives.

tmay102436 | 4/5 |