Prime Mover - Prime Mover alias Drivkraft CD (album) cover

PRIME MOVER ALIAS DRIVKRAFT

Prime Mover

Eetu Pellonpää
3 stars Second official ablum from the group, now presenting lyrics in musicians mothertongue Swedish. This is nice, I like honest approach and Swedish is pleasant to listen, though understanding is little more different than English or Finnish to me. Both sound production and album cover art are now very professional.

As quick analysis of the songs; First track is quite commercial soundgin with some proggy twists in rhythm arrangements. This is followed by a groovy rocker with neat rhythm twists. Then an open mantra introduces the longest track in the album, "Utbränd". The singing feels like a weak link here to mee, though the compsition is otherwise quite good. Phases with male/femal vocals are nicest I think. Then follows a nice pleasant tune with acoustic drive. Great rhythm guitar drives "Begagnat liv", little minor oriented rocker, which is a very good song! Last track is also moody stuff with sax, another good long track, though some changes it don't fell totally logical. Not bad though...

Stylistically not my favourite "dish", but pleasant to listen still. If commercial slightly neo- proggish stuff with Swedish lyrics sounds an interesting combo, try this, it is very well done album. Fine and delicate arrangements are a trademark of this groupo too in my opinion.

Eetu Pellonpää | 3/5 |