Triumvirat - Spartacus CD (album) cover

2 stars Triumvirat are a band with a lot of instrumental skill that unfortunately never really sat well with me because of their sound being so akin to that of ELP. SPARTACUS is a very ELP-sounding album right down to the two ballads. The only difference is the unifying concept of a Roman soldier that I really never cared for. All of the short instrumental interludes are highlights for me (especially ''The Hazy Shades of Dawn'') even if all are so ELP-esque. The two ballady tracks are painful for me to listen to as Kollen's voice is grating here. I tend to lose concentration in the longer pieces because none of the themes thrown around really excite me that much. Not recommended.
Sinusoid | 2/5 |