Eddie Jobson - Theme Of Secrets CD (album) cover

Eddie Jobson

Progressive Electronic

SouthSideoftheSky
Symphonic Team
1 stars The themes are so secret that I cannot find them!

Eddie Jobson is a very diverse artist with an interesting career. He has played in many prominent Prog bands including Curved Air, Roxy Music, Jethro Tull and his greatest musical achievement, UK.

While Jobson's first solo album was somewhat in line with his brilliant work in UK, Theme Of Secrets, which is Jobson's second solo album, is a totally different beast. This is a pure New Age/Electronic affair and as such is not my cup of tea. For me this is elevator music; very discrete and there is not much going on in it. Everything is performed on piano and electronic keyboards with some electronic drums; no vocals, no guitars, no real drums, no bass. There is also no violin which is an instrument I associate with Eddie Jobson.

This is not a poor album in the sense that it was badly recorded or produced. But I find this poor in the compositional department. The pieces all lack direction and to my mind this is boring. There is nothing here to catch my interest.

Only for completionists this one.

SouthSideoftheSky | 1/5 |