This Will Destroy You - This Will Destroy You CD (album) cover

This Will Destroy You

Post Rock/Math rock

5 stars This is album is, for me, everything post-rock should be: simple, beautiful, emotional, soothing and peaceful. I'm actually quite surprised about the ignorance of TWDY's music here in PA, I think they're in pair with some of the greatest post-rock bands, of course they are not the most original band out there, but this has touched me like very few others did... A guitar comes softly above the introducing noise of opener "A Three-Legged Workhorse", and those few little slow notes make one of the most special songs in the album, absolutely gorgeous music, and the electronic drums fall perfectly in the mood. "Villa Del Refugio" is a total ambient song, beautiful and peaceful and "The Mighty Rio Grande" is a great darker song, but for me, the best is in "They Move On Tracks of Never-Ending Light", this is the emotional peek of the album, the guitar alone forms a gorgeous melody which can only bring the listener goose-bumps or even tears, it's absolutely mighty. This is essential for post-rock fans, an incredible and touching piece of art.
JTP88 | 5/5 |