Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

mel from hell
4 stars This is the first album of Porcupine Tree that I have bought and by accident it is the last. i would like also to buy 'Deadwing','In Absentia' and 'Fear of a Blank Planet' which I have heard. This period of the aforementioned albums suits me better because they have a more heavy sound without lacking complexity. 'Stupid Dream' is softer but it has an at least adequate quality. There are many songs that are very nice such as Even Less,Piano Lessons, Slave Called Shiver, Babydream In Cellophane, Don't Hate Me and my favorite Tinto Brass. An intellectual progressive stuff along with atmospherical parts and some mellow tones. It is a very good release with definitely good music but due to the lack of harder parts like those found after the 'In Absentia' albums(including 'In Absentia') I cannot rate it with 5 stars. But generally it is an excellent addition to any prog rock music collection.
mel from hell | 4/5 |