The Tangent - A Place In The Queue CD (album) cover

The Tangent

1 stars Is there a discussion possible about the individual taste of music? I hope not. Is there a discussion possible about the added value of a release. I hope yes, since I sincerely canīt see any reason why this album was ever released. I bought the record because so many people were enthousiastic. And although one knows tastes differ, this time I feel fooled. The music meanders through a meagre landscape with little idea of direction. Sometimes it gives a jazzy feel. But hey, was jazz not meant to be energetic, to lift the spirit and to feast? Well, jazz in the meaning of Andy Tillison is a bleak kindergarten party with tasteless cookies. And on top of the absence of enjoyable music comes the voice which is really hard to digest. This is not singing, but merely muttering texts! I like many styles of music, also outside the scope of progressive music. This release, despite the effort put into it by the musicians, must be regarded as superfluous.
Keet | 1/5 |