Porcupine Tree - Deadwing CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

5 stars Deadwing grows on me, really. The first time I listened to the album, I thought it was too heavy and too much noise, just noise for doing noise. In that time, I prefered the old stuff of the band, like Sky moves sideways or Signify, I really was in the Floyd mood.

But... months later, my vision of the album, totally changed. I think this records is one of the greatest albums of the "new" century. A mix of styles and emotions. Deadwing, man, they can do metal without that metal voices, Steven Wilson's voice is amazing, and I like it very much with all the "heavy" stuff. Shallow, Open car, Halo, nice songs, really, a lot of heavy progressive hard rock into them. Maybe, not the highlights of the album, but still amazing. Well, maybe Arriving somewhere but not here is the greateast here (I like "Start of something beautiful" too), that two songs are really great, with a fantastic ambient and between heavy, dark, powerfull & emotional sound.

The rest of the album is loveable too, just 5 starts. And of course, one of my favorite bands of the moment [all time too ;)].

alanight | 5/5 |