Focus - Ship Of Memories CD (album) cover

SHIP OF MEMORIES

Focus

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
3 stars Scraping-the-bottom-of-the-drawers for this release, but there is some fine stuff so much so that the real albums pale out in comparison. This is certainly much stronger than its predecessor Mother Bogus (that was an easy one but I had to say it) but I wish the art work did not refer to it (this warship thing). Since there is material that dates back to the first album , this vimyl always lacked direction.

Although some fine tracks , again Focus shows us how thin on ideas they were by repeating the Focus themes and (respectively at version 3) and the short (single) version of Hocus Pocus. red Sky at Night being the best track on here but there are some fine Akkerman moments on side 2.

I would almost say that this album is for completist but I like Focus enough to award this album that third star.

Sean Trane | 3/5 |