McLaughlin and De Lucia Di Meola - Friday Night In San Francisco CD (album) cover

FRIDAY NIGHT IN SAN FRANCISCO

McLaughlin and De Lucia Di Meola

nikow
5 stars This is one of those magical albums where everything just falls in place and the whole is more than the sum of its parts. It's not flawless, I'll admit that, but it's one of the best live albums I've ever heard.

The interplay between Di Meola, DeLucia and McLaughlin is unearthly, not to even talk about their skills, which are phenomenal. Basically this album is just a show of their technical skills on acoustic guitar, but it's also very sympatethic as well. The part where they improvise and start to play the tune of the Pink Panther is priceless and brings a little humour and humanity to the otherwise quite technical album.

I wouldn't recommend to this to people who in general don't like showing off just for the sake of it. As for me, I like to hear some great technical playing now and then and there's just something magical on this one which I cannot quite grasp with words.

5 stars!