Dixie Dregs - Full Circle CD (album) cover

Dixie Dregs

Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
3 stars Okay, I might be actually starting to like the Dixie Dregs with Dave LaRue on bass. I'd still rather hear Andy West on bass, but this album is not bad. The songs are the usual, well written, well played mix of good fusion, grand, slightly symphonic sounding ballads, and of course, southern rock. Instead of the usual bluegrass breakdown, Morse and company instead have chosen to play "Goin' To Town", a country swing tune, instead. Not bad, but not the blazingly fast bluegrass we hace come to love fron the Dregs.

Another missing aspect is the blockbuster epic song. Nothing anywhere near as great as "Odyssey" or "I'm Freaking Out". Just competent, and certainly listenable Dregs style Steve Morse tunes.

This isn't their best album, but it is worth owning.

Evolver | 3/5 |