Dün - Eros CD (album) cover

EROS

Dün

Zeuhl

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars TESTING, TESTING, TESTING !!!

I have finally dipped into this ocean of weirdness called Zeuhl. I am trying to make sense of what so many here think is fantastic music. My reviews profile reveals that I really like Symphonic Prog. This is somewhat on the other side of the Prog Rock rainbow. I look at Zeuhl like a dog observe and trying to understand a cat. What the heck is this ?

I am also a bit of a Soft Machine fan and my understanding of their brilliant 3rd album bridges the gap over to this album, which as far as I understand is the best ever Zeuhl album. So I turn the volume up to 11.

The first track is pretty OK. Some jazzy and avant-garde tones which is pretty exciting. The main track on this album is Arrakis though. That is a fantastic piece of music from the first tone to the last one. The epic start gives way to some jazz and some strange rhythm patterns. The flutes makes this a great track too. This is a track worth a place on a "best of PA" album, Max. Make that a triple CD, btw. Bitonia is a complex track which I do not fully grasp. The title track Eros is an epic track which flows into jazz. I like that one.

This album is a pleasent listen for a Zeuhl virgin like myself. I will most definate listen to it now and then. But it is not my kind of music, I am afraid.

3 stars