Radiohead - Harry Patch (In Memory Of) CD (album) cover

HARRY PATCH (IN MEMORY OF)

Radiohead

npoczynek
2 stars While I find it rather touching that Radiohead decided to release a tribute to Harry Patch, the recently deceased and highly decorated World War I veteran, it's a shame that the song just isn't very good.

The lyrics are rather basic and really only consist of a short verse. The vocals are set to a very orchestral string arrangement, something that would fit right in to an emotional war scene in a documentary or movie.

For some reason Thom's voice seems to be badly mixed. It's almost grating at times, it seems like a low quality recording. I'm usually a big fan of his style as well.

I would go on but there's really not much more to the song. I'd normally give a song like this one star but the idea was a nice gesture and the proceeds will be donated to the British Legion. So two stars it is.

npoczynek | 2/5 |