The Mars Volta - Octahedron CD (album) cover

OCTAHEDRON

The Mars Volta

Prog-jester
5 stars Their best since "De-loused".

I know I was saying the same thing about "The Bedlam in Goliath", but even quick comparing of these albums makes me think of "Octahedron" as better one. A lot of acoustic stuff, obvious blues influence (so much prominent for the first time!) and SONGS, songs, my fellas, not 20-min long pseudoexperimental wackery! Such a rare case when a Prog band ables to write GOOD SONGS after too many pretentious material and staying Prog at the same time.

"Desperate Graves" alone makes this album worthy of buying, but other tracks are amazing too - acoustic blueses like "With Twilight As My Guide" and "Since We'Ve Been Wrong", electric blueses like "Halo of Nembutals" (what a chorus!) and "Luciforms", even usual VOLTA song like "Cotopaxi" would make you feel that you're listening to their best album for last 6 years! And yes, it's also perfect in length and song quality, no filler this time at all, pure music. Highly recommended, especially for those, who hated everything TMV has released after their debut ;)

Prog-jester | 5/5 |