Tides From Nebula - Aura CD (album) cover

AURA

Tides From Nebula

Experimental/Post Metal

Prog-jester
3 stars I won't say I'm excited by TIDES FROM NEBULA debut, but Epignosis' review a bit too negative, I think. On the other hand, this is what popular trends in the genre do with those who aren't genre's devotees ;)

TIDES FROM NEBULA, as almost any Post-Rock band nowadays, plays heavy guitar-driven Post-Rock with obvious TOOL and PELICAN influences. Now, when 90% of those who was reading this review walked away, I can continue, he-he. There's not much to say about TFN debut really, they perfectly fit in the pigeonhole I've served for them one sentence before, but this is when a taste matter comes out of shadow. I mean I didn't much like what IREPRESS did on their last effort (for example), but I liked TIDES FROM NEBULA's tracks, hence 2 stars I usually give for such material turn into 3, maybe even 3 and a half. The Rule of Checking The MySpace First must work for any Post-Rock band nowadays, and TFN aren't an exception. Decide for yourself then!

Prog-jester | 3/5 |