Can - Tago Mago CD (album) cover

4 stars I believe "Tago Mago" was CAN's 4th official album released, which was originally a double album set and I am told was actually a soundtrack written for some cheesie 70's B - movie. Fans of BRAINTICKET and AMON DUUL II will love this album to death, as it combines experimental gadgetry with space and psychedelic imagery and soundscapes. Led by the creative mind of Holger Czukay, "Tago Mago" would certainly rank as one of most original "headmusic" albums of all time. This album ranges from droned-out minimalistic moments to the most wonderful exploratory interludes. Lead vocalist Damo Suzuki must suffer from schizophrenia as he too sings in many styles from soft controlled almost meditative in nature to screeching psychedlia. To many I suppose this album will sound a wee bit dated, but for me it is a wonderful and highly experimental avant garde piece of German progressive rock.

loserboy | 4/5 |