Robert Beriau - Selfishness: Source of War & Violence CD (album) cover

SELFISHNESS: SOURCE OF WAR & VIOLENCE

Robert Beriau

Evolver
Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars First of all, thanks to Progarchives and Robert Beriau for providing this album as one of the review giveaway awards.

The first thing that comes to mind after listening to this album is how much many of the songs here sound like Peter Hammill. Not only does Beriau's voice sound identical to PH, but also his phrasing, lyrics, and melodies. It's eerie. But I like Hammill's music very much, so I also enjoy this album. There appear to be other influences as well, most noticably Pink Floyd.

Nonetheless, Beriau, who plays all the instuments on this album, save some of the drums, has given us a beautiful album of interesting prog. His mastery of all the instuments played is impressive, and his songwriting, despite the above listed references, is somewhat unique.

This is a pleasant addition to my collection.

Evolver | 4/5 |