Queen - Innuendo CD (album) cover

5 stars Innuendo is possibly one of my favourite albums from Queen, besides being Freddy Mercury's last vocal legacy in life. This record has a serious collection of potential hit songs from the British act, in fact, I think there's a lot of musical progression that is oriented to different styles but holding an unique trademark, Queen's authentic sound (that always was a constant characteristic on their albums).

Personally, I consider "Innuendo" as an absolute masterpiece of rock that shows in any moment all the power, versatility, high quality and mostly the infinite musical talent from all and each one of its components. This work is suggested for any lover of well done music that likes not only from Queen's stuff but also of the combination of textures, styles, technique distributed wisely and a real sense of how to build interesting pieces of music, everything what you could find in a solid prog album.

In relation to the tracks, I love the guitar section "in a flamenco way" on "Innuendo", it's simply exquisite. Other songs to mention are: "Headlong" (I always enjoy this kind of song, in a hard rock way and totally recommended), "Don't try so hard" (a track loaded of sadness and hopeless on lyrics), "These are the days of our lives" (another really touching song), "Hitman" (a fist for the senses, like on Queen's old times. Great tune!) and last but not least "The show must go on" (the authentic hymn from Innuendo, no words to describe it... a farewell turned in a song).

A true classic album, not only of Queen but also from progressive music and rock in general. I recommend it to be enjoyed from beginning to the end.

By: Epsilon.