Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell CD (album) cover

Black Sabbath

5 stars Hey-Black Sabbath on "Progarchives"site! I don't think they are proggers at all, but they play good music, it's for sure!

"Heaven and Hell"is their first LP with Dio instead of Ozzy, and it is the best Lp for Black Sabbath Mk.II! Yes,it is very different from Ozzy years, but brings it own heavy-romantic atmosphere. Never before or after Dio was so good, mainly because of strange mix of his melodies,"dragon myths" and strong BS music. His voice is as perfect as always, but in combination with cold,doomy and hypnotic BS music it makes THE result: yes, it works!

I can compare this LP with "King Crimson"s "Discipline" ( not in sense of music, of course): we can hear the renewed BS there, which is not better or worse of BS Mk.I, it is just first and best LP of totaly new group!

snobb | 5/5 |